The purpose of this blog is to remember all the aspects of pregnancy, good and bad.
If you would like an invitation to our family blog, just leave me a comment and two proofs of ID and I'll send you one!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Week 5

I'm still not sick, that's not necessarily a good thing to me. I'm still not sleeping good or very tired. I'm sure that this will change soon. This baby has made me very flatulent this week, however.
I went to my first YW Camp meeting yesterday. The baby should be about 6 weeks old when we go to camp. I will still be nursing and I don't see how it is going to work for me to be gone for four days. I might have to tell the Camp Director that I'm expecting and see what she thinks that I should do.
5 Weeks Pregnant
Your baby remains miniscule this week -- in size, not importance, of course! The wee one is only the size of one of the sesame seeds on your morning bagel but even though he's tiny, he's hard at work developing vital organs. In fact, his heart has already begun to beat! He has the beginnings of a brain, as the neural tube enlarges into three parts. Be sure to keep taking your folic acid, as it will aid in the development of the little one's brain. The growth of the spine outpaces the rest of his body, giving the appearance of a little tail. Just like Pinocchio's tail, it will disappear in no time at all -- no Jiminy Cricket necessary

No comments: