The purpose of this blog is to remember all the aspects of pregnancy, good and bad.
If you would like an invitation to our family blog, just leave me a comment and two proofs of ID and I'll send you one!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

31 Weeks

I met with the dietitian last week before we left for Arizona. My life for the next nine weeks is pretty much going to be miserable. I can eat anything I want, but only about two bites of it. I am carb counting and it is miserable. Here is the amount of carbs that I can eat in a day:

Breakfast: 30 g
Snack: 15 g
Lunch: 30-60 g
Snack: 15 g
Dinner: 30-60 g
Snack: 15 g

Proteins don't count, so I can eat as much raw vegetables, eggs, meat, nuts, and cheese as I want, yumm-o. Just to give you an idea of what that means, here are some possibilities of acceptable food:

Breakfast: 1 piece of toast, 1 cup milk, endless bacon and eggs
Snack: 1 small apple, peanut butter
Lunch: 1 meat sandwich, 1 cup milk, carrot sticks,
Snack: 6 crackers, cheese
Dinner: 1 small baked potatoes, grilled chicken, small salad, 1 cup milk
Snack: 1/2 banana

Everything must be eaten in small quantities and I'm always hungry. I can technically eat sugar free products like pudding and diet pop, but they have chemicals in them that they don't want you to have when you're pregnant. I get my glucose tested every few weeks and if it is too high, then I will have to test my blood sugar daily and go on medication. Brandon is being very supportive of this new diet and he is trying to eat the same things as me. The dietitian told me that if I ever think of cheating to remember that I will have to have a C-Section because the baby will be too big. That's motivation enough for me! This diet was really hard for me keep up on while we were in Arizona, but I did my best.
I wanted to get a good tan while we were in Arizona, but I was too scared of flaring up with melasma to let that happen. Melasma is a darkening of the skin, especially when you're pregnant. I got a little bit below my eyes when I was pregnant with Xander. Both of my sisters get it pretty bad when they are pregnant, so I didn't want to risk it. It's also called pregnancy mask and it looks like a splotchy brown patch of skin. Click here to see pictures and learn more about melasma:
http://www.aad.org/public/publications/pamphlets/common_melasma.html

I took this picture in the reflection of the truck at the lake in Arizona. I love how I look like a mutant! I will try and get a more realistic picture up for the next post.


Quarterbacks are fired for it. Pentagon officials have to offer public apologies. Your sister did it on your Mom’s birthday. Dropping the ball is rarely a good thing, unless you are little boy, in your 31st week in utero. This week, your peewee Peyton’s testes are making their grand entrance onto the field. He’s also practicing finding the wide receiver as he is finally able to track objects with his eyes. When he's all scrunched up, he's about the size of a volleyball. Even with his head-to-toe measurement of 17", he has a way to go before he can scope out the blitz!

2 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

HA HA! Nice picture! You crack me up. But I am so jealous of the shorts and tank! So about this melasma, does it disappear after you have the baby? And fyi, that diet: SUCKS. Good luck, you'll probably have a really good weighted pregnancy or whatever. Hope I make sense. . . I do in my head. Can you like, skip a snack and add those calories or carbs or whatever to your dinner or whatever? I think I would always be starving. You are so much better than I am.

ps, nice threat about the c-section. I highly doubt it.

Ashlee said...

You are so funny!!! That picture is great! Sorry about your new diet, I wouldn't make it. Good luck just a few more weeks!