The purpose of this blog is to remember all the aspects of pregnancy, good and bad.
If you would like an invitation to our family blog, just leave me a comment and two proofs of ID and I'll send you one!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Week 7

I'm still not sick yet. I'm still really worried about the health of the baby and my health. When I was pregnant with Xander I lost 10 lbs. in the first trimester. If I'm not sick this time, I think I will gain more weight than I should. I started to feel some vertigo the other day.
7 Weeks Pregnant

This week, your little lentil leaps headlong into the fruit bowl, achieving coveted blueberry status. Thankfully, he or she is beginning to resemble a little person: Leg buds will appear and arm buds grow a bit longer and start to divide into segments, one for the hand and one for the arm. The baby also now has digital plates on hands and feet where fingers and toes will eventually develop. Thanks to these beginning limbs, the little guy is already moving around inside the amniotic sac which will be his home for the next eight months. Internal organ systems are also evolving at a steady pace: the baby’s teensy ticker already has its right and left chambers and the lungs have developed their primary bronchii. The pancreas is fully formed and ready to start working, as is the appendix. Last, but not least, baby’s intestines are taking shape, but instead of being located in the abdominal region, they are developing outside the body, in the umbilical cord!
Cute Alert! The wee one’s nose is starting to take shape. In no time you will be kissing it!

No comments: