The purpose of this blog is to remember all the aspects of pregnancy, good and bad.
If you would like an invitation to our family blog, just leave me a comment and two proofs of ID and I'll send you one!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10 Weeks

We are so bad at keeping secrets! We told immediate family this week that we are having another baby. A few people were so excited that they actually cried, which made me cry of course. I'm extremely grateful to be blessed with two great families. They have been praying for this little baby along with us and I know that their faith, added to ours, made this miracle happen.
Our ward had Super Saturday last week. They had a holiday food cooking class. I was so sad that I was only able to sample a few things because it all looked so good! At least I didn't loose what I did eat! I think that staying healthy during pregnancy is so hard, especially for me. I wake up in the middle of the night almost every night starving to death! Of course I don't snack on an apple or carrot sticks, it's more like cupcakes, cookies, or ice cream. I'm going to be huge by the time May comes along!
10 Weeks Pregnant

Your sprout’s spurt continues this week -- finally, her weight is measurable! She’s a mere 4 grams (equivalent to just 4 paperclips!) and is the size of a pretty little strawberry. This week, her heart is strong enough for the beat to show up on a Doppler reading done by your doctor. Don’t panic if her heart sounds like it’s about to explode -- in utero, babies have a heart rate of about 140 beats per minute, compared to our 80 beats. Her brain is also moving like Greased Lightning: every minute it develops a quarter of a million new neurons. She'll be outpacing Einstein in no time at all! As if all that weren't enough, your baby's heart is now pumping blood throughout her body; if you're lucky enough to catch it, you might see the blood flow on your next ultrasound, since her skin is parchment-thin right now. With all this work going on, it's hard to believe she's still so tiny!

No comments: